Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The perils of a virtual world

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4774049.stm

I'm so agree with the correspondant, which I offen falls into simlar thoughts, indeed I mean as day to day using of computer in general. God please forgive my sins.
For example, MSN, web sudoku..etc...

'I'm weak and lazy'

That idea seems a curious old fashioned ideal among the crowd that attends the electronics entertainment expo, and millions more who buy these things.

Gamers queuing for a chance to play the latest offerings at E3
Visitors were willing to wait for a peek at the latest offerings

"I like games because I'm weak and lazy," one adolescent tells me as he stands in line for 3 hours to see the latest Nintendo offering.

Perhaps he was being ironic, though I suspect not.

He might prefer a world that does not require genuine courage or heroism, fitness, agility or strength.

Every game, as far as I can tell, leaves the player with the ultimate control - able to reduce the level so as not be outsmarted, creating a constant illusion of progress to an ever higher level, without acquiring new skills or insight to reach there.

It also presents them, almost invariably, with an opportunity to cause endless virtual carnage, destruction or death, without consequences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home