Thursday, January 05, 2006

Happy New Year, New basement, New Media n Games Centre PC, and New QAM tuner cards!

Happy New Year! and although this looks like I will talk about a whole bunch of stuff, I'm actually just wanna talk about how to have your computer be a digital cable box. After three hours of asking and searching, I found there's two TV tuner cards in the market which supports digital cable*.

There's the http://www.pchdtv.com/ HD3000 for Linux ^_^ My favorite
and the
http://www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/fusion5.asp DVICO Fusion for Windows, DVICO also has a USB box version which I believe it is a great product.

Speaking of most other TV tuner, they only supports analog channels, which doesn't included the fairchild TV that my mom and grandmom wants, same if you need HBO's.. etc. But those two are QAM tuner cards, which is what "digital cable" format in used by Rogers(QAM256 to be specific). The reason I put a * beside "digital cable" is because in Canada, almost all digital cable channels are encrypted, meaning unless you purchase them from your cable company, you won't be able to see it even if you have the card from the above. Therefore just give it up if you wanna steal cable programmes. It is wrong anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home